Tony B. Application Deadline (Podium): Monday, 3 February 3 2020
Tony B. Application Deadline (Poster Only): Monday, 2 March 2020
Students, graduate students, post-doctoral associates and junior faculty (less than four years in first academic appointment) are encouraged to apply for this prestigious travel award to help with certain travel expenses incurred for the SLAS Europe 2020 Conference and Exhibition.
An applicant must be the primary author of a submitted abstract and must present his/her research in either a poster or oral (podium) session at the conference. Submitted award applications are reviewed by members of the Tony B. Academic Travel Award selection panel and are based on multiple factors, including but not limited to:
- Quality of the abstract
- Relevance of the research to the SLAS Europe 2020 conference
- Statement of value of the conference
- Qualifications of the applicant
The travel award covers the following:
- Transportation costs (subject to SLAS policy)
- Full conference registration
- One-day short course registration
- Accommodations for a maximum of four nights in a shared room (two people per room)
Multiple applicants from a single research group are allowed to apply. However, such applicants should understand that award application reviewers may prioritise the applications so that only one individual per investigator’s research group receives an award. This decision will be based on funding availability and the criteria listed above.